23.8.08

Tinolang manok (chicken ginger soup with vegetables)

I was left to cook for 4 kids...3 nephews and a niece. Before leaving, my sister asked me if I know how to cook tinolang manok for lunch, pretending that I know I answered yes... she then added that she bought malunggay leaves, then plenty of ginger for the ingredients.

I actually cooked tinolang manok before, but by now, I can’t remember the exact way to cook it, wow I need to let my memory work here… and guess what?? It turned out all right!!

Here’s the ingredients and procedure

Chicken (cut)
Fish sauce
Pepper
Ginger
Garlic
Onion
Malunggay leaves
Sayote (sliced in cubes)
Water
Salt
Vegetable oil
For the ingredients – use a minimal or balance amount depending on how many persons will consume the soup BUT I used plenty of ginger and onions here – I love them. We can also use chili leaves instead of malunggay. In cooking soups with vegetables, we often notice kids taking the leaves out and not eating them. If we use malunggay, because they are tiny, kids don’t take the effort removing.

Procedure:

Sauté ginger (cut into strips) along with crashed garlic, and then add sliced onions. Add chicken cut, I let it cook for few minutes until the color of the chicken is a little change. Pour the water and put it to boil. Let it simmer until the chicken is cook and then I added the sayote (papaya can be used) and let it boil until the vegetable is cook. Added salt and fish sauce to taste, and put again to boil, then finally added malunggay leaves, stir and DONE!! Serve!!

No comments: