8.8.08

Cheese..cheese and cheese

I just love cheese, in my spaghetti or pizza; it must be overly coated with cheese. Love cheesy foods!

So funny because I wasn’t aware that there are different types of cheese, yeah I love cheese but wasn’t really interested on how cheese was processed until I got my own copy of cooking and baking magazines, and here’s what I found out about my/our favorite cheese:

Cheeses are made of milk – cow, goat or sheep. Usual processing of cheese - Cheese processing differs depending on cheese type. Standard way is first the milk turns into curds or curdling process. Then draining or removing the whey. Next is to mold and shape them into cheese. Salting process is where plenty of salts are added for the cheese formation. Ripening is allowing the cheese to mature. Because of the latest technology, cheeses are now made in commercial factories and instead of fresh milk cheeses are now made from pasteurized milk.

Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese

Mozzarella cheese is used on our pizza. Milk mozzarella is creamy and makes an excellent pizza. If mozzarella is not available, there are substitute such as feta or provolone cheese or use different cheeses for unique pizza flavor.

Cheddar cheese – very popular in United Kingdom, cheddar originated from a small English village named cheddar, there is uniqueness on cheddars processing than the other cheeses. English Cheddar is matured for minimum of 9 months, and cheddar cheese is now widely produced in other countries.

Have a cheesy day!!

No comments: